Learn West Java City Code and Terms
West Java is the only province established for the first time since the Dutch colonial era,and it is the provincial code of West Java, which is 32. Despite this, based on Law No. 11 of 1950, this province has been established since July 4, 1950, since it was recognized by the Indonesian government. As for the government headquarters itself in Bandung.
This province has an area of about 35,377.76 square kilometers, even reaching almost 2% of Indonesia’s land area. In addition, this province is also known as the second largest area, especially for the island of Java, where East Java ranks the widest first. Its population reaches more than 50 million people.
West Java Has Become the Most Populous Region
You need to know that West Java province has become one of the most populous regions of Indonesia with a different West Java province code. Where the level of population reaches 50 million people from the total population in the country. From 2019 to today, the population growth in West Java is really increasing.
This is taken into account with a large number of local residents who urbanize this area. The reasons for the increasing population movement to West Java range from business interests to environmental conditions. Banjar City, the least populated region, has about 185,000 people.
Almost 80% of the population of West Java prefers to live in urban areas due to industrial factors. Bogor, Depok, Bekasi and other similar regions account for at least 39 percent of West Java’s total population.
Please note that most of the population of West Java is Sundanese. It is where this tribe is known as the indigenous people of the Java lands in this western part. Javanese are more commonly found in the northern region of West Java, while the Betawi tribe lives mostly in and around the Jakarta region.
In addition, there are Batak tribes and Minang tribes that are also found in the West Java region, especially in urban areas such as Bogor, Depok, and Bandung. While the Chinese population is also frequently found in almost all regions of West Java, it is mostly spread.
Government Administration in Indonesia Area Code
Before further discussion of the West Java provincial code, for example the regional code 32.73.02.1005 is the regional code of Sekeloa Village.
As for the code, the local government has shown information ranging from the area code, sub-regions, cities to provinces, including:
- Coblong Sub-District (area code, i.e. 32.73.02)
- Bandung City (area code, i.e. 32.73)
- West Java City Code (region code, i.e. 32)
By the way, another example, such as the area code 36.71.07, is the code for which the local government is responsible for the district of Karavacı, namely:
- Tangerang City (area code, i.e. 36.71)
- Banten Province (region code, i.e. 36)
In addition, there is also an area code of 33.74, which is Semarang City with its local government, namely:
- Central Java Province (region code, i.e. 33)
You need to know that the Indonesian Government, through the Ministry of Interior (Kemendagri), updates the regional code every one to five years. Where to do this by issuing a Permendagri (Home Affairs Minister’s Ordinance) with a new regional code and data.
Moreover, there is territorial expansion or even the transition of villages into villages when there are a large number of villages. So far, the last Permendagri provincial code for the West Java region was 2017’s Permendagri RI No. 137. This is set in Jakarta since December 27, 2017.
Since the entry into force of Permendagri, the previous Permendagri will be cancelled and declared no longer valid. This is stated as stated in Article 13 of permendagri No. 137 of 2017. According to the latest information in Permendagri, Indonesia currently has:
- 34 on
- 514 cities/districts (98 cities + 416 districts)
- 7,201 subdistricts/counties
- 83,436 villages (8,479 villages + 74,957 villages)
- 91,185 region code.
Provincial Codes in West Java
Yes, it is one of the provinces visited by many locals in Indonesia due to the beauty of its living environment and the cool factor.
As we know, this province, which is the capital of Bandung, is famous as a really cold and cool region. In addition, Bandung itself is often called the City of Flowers.
What is the reason for this? This is due to the fact that in ancient times, Bandung was considered very beautiful with many trees and flowers in bloom. Not only that, but in the past Bandung was called Paris van Java because of its beauty. You should know if the West Java provincial code is 32 or not.
As for the code of the region, it is intended to know the characteristics of the province. With this area code, you can make telecommunication easier based on the observations of the transportation agency in Indonesia.
This area code itself is a series of numbers and points that display the Code and Data of the Indonesian Government Administration Area of each region, whether village/kelurahan, sub-region, city/container level, even province and province code in West Java.
The function of this code is to speed up and facilitate the process of managing government administrative areas in Indonesia. In addition, you should know if this code can also indicate the level and praise of the local government area that hosts it, such as the 32 West Java provincial code.
Things to Know of the Provisions of the Provincial Law
Below is a discussion of the provisions in the provincial and city/regent area codes:
- Provincial Region Codes
Below are the provisions to be considered in determining the provincial area code.
- The two-digit pertama number is the provincial area code.
- The provincial code is usually assigned according to the location of the geographical area of the island of Indonesia, where it usually starts from west to east.
- The first digit of the number for the province where it is located is:
- Sumatra Island: marked with the number 1 or 2
- Java Island: marked with the number 3 or 4
- Bali and Nusa Tenggara Islands: marked with the number 5
- Kalimatan Island: marked with the number 6
- Sulawesi Island: marked with the number 7
- Maluku Island: marked with the number 8
- Island of New Guinea: marked with number 9
The second digit of the province code is usually assigned in the order in which the province was created. As we know, the province code of West Java is 32.
- City and County Area Codes
Also, below are a number of provisions regarding the city/county area code.
- City/county codes are usually 4 digits, where the number consists of a 2-digit provincial area code, a sign used as a separator, i.e. a period, and a 2-digit city/regency code.
- The two digits after the first point are the code of the city or county.
- By the way, the first digit of the number for the city code is 7 to 9, while the first digit of the number for the region code is 0 to 6.
- County codes usually start from the numbers 01, 02, 03 to 69, depending on the order in which the county was formed.
- City codes usually start from the numbers 71, 72, 73 to 99, depending on the order in which the city itself was created.
For example, wilayah code, such as 33.22 , is exactly the area code of Semarang Regency in Central Java Province (33). By the way, regional code 33.74 shows the area code of Semarang City in Central Java Province (33). The provincial code itself for West Java is denoted by the number 32.